Table of Contents
Ticket 2 English Unit 7: Vocabulary
NB: These are possible answers, others may fit as well.
- To have a job
- To be respected
- Have access to leisure activities
- To have a say in what happens
- To be free to tell your opinion
- To have access to healthcare
- To be safe
- To have access to education
- To be free to move
- To tell the truth
- Do your personal best
- Respect others
- To be concerned for the common good
- To respect the flag of your country
- To participate in community activities
- To believe in human dignity and equality
- Respect the rules and laws
- To respect the environment
- To pay taxes
Can Be Both
• Earn your livelihood
• To have somewhere to live
• To volunteer in your community service
• To vote
Functions: Asking for and Giving Advice
Bear in mind (remember) that the word advice is a noun and advise is a verb.
Asking for Advice
- What do you advise me to do?
- What should I do to……?
- What do you think I should do?
- What do you suggest to …?
- What would you do in this situation?
- If you were me, what would you do?
- What ought I to do?
- What’s your advice concerning this issue/problem/matter?
- Maybe/ I think you should ……
- If + subject + (simple past) + subject +would + (infinitive)
- You’d better + verb (infinitive)
- You ought to/should……
- I advise you to….
- It is better to……………..
- It might be a practical idea if you ………..
- My advice to you is + to + verb (infinitive).
- If I were in your shoes, I would…………………..
- If I were in your position/situation, I would ……….
Student A: I have a serious headache. If you were me, what would you do?
Student B: If I were you I would visit a doctor.
Student A: My English is weak, what should I do to improve it
Student B: You’d better read more I advise you to read more It might be a practical idea if you read more
Grammar: Reported Speech
To see this lesson, click on REPORTED SPEECH.
Hii teacher, i’m a bac student, can you please help me with some essays?
Hello Miss Soukaina. With pleasure .What kind of help do you need ?
First, i would like to thank you for this amazing blog. second, i need to know how to write a perfect essay and if you do not mind show me some examples??
it’s a pleasure Miss Soukaina .You can have a look here .you will find what you are asked for as a baccalaureate student.Writing topics in the national exam
Thank u some much TEACHER for the great efforts.
Assalamu Alaikom brother Nabil. I am a fellow English teacher and I LOVE your work! Could I get your private email or some other form of personal contact? I’d very much appreciate to consult you in couple of matters.
Blessed be! and keep up the awesome work.
thank you so much our teacher!
Exercise page 90
thank you for all. #Great
Hey sir can you help me with the ex.n 8 page 103 please? Thank you
[…] This global test covers units 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 from Ticket 2 English […]
hi teatcher nabil! am also student in bac and i have some difficult in grammar . you can help me please as the national is very near
The more exercises you do the better you become. Practice makes perfect.
Hello Mr Nabil , i’m a baccalaureat student , my english isn’t good enough , i have some problems especially in vocabulary , i know it’s too late (1 month left ) , yet , i can do my best in order to overcome my problems and get a good grade , what would you advise me to do please ?
Well, as far as I can see and according to what you have written, you have no whatsoever problem. Your English sounds very good. Just keep up the hard work.