This Content Is Only For Subscribers
This diagnostic test aims at testing your level in English grammar and vocabulary. It follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages which classifies learners and speakers of a language into 6 levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2.
The A Basic user consists of A1 and A2.
A1 | Beginner: can understand and use very basic expressions to satisfy concrete needs. The learner can introduce himself/herself and ask others questions about personal details, or interact simply as long as the other person speaks slowly and clearly.
A2 | Elementary: Can understand frequently used expressions in most intermediate areas such as shopping, family, employment, etc. He/she can complete tasks that are routine and involve a direct exchange of information. They can also describe matters of immediate need in simple terms.
The B Independent user is made up of B1 and B2.
B1 | Intermediate:
- Understand points regarding family, work, school, or leisure-related topics.
- Deal with most travel situations in areas where the language is spoken.
- Create simple texts on topics of personal interest.
- Describe experiences, events, dreams, and ambitions, as well as opinions or plans in brief.
B2 | Upper-Intermediate
- Understand the main ideas of a complex text such as a technical piece related to their field.
- Spontaneously interact without too much strain for either the learner or the native speaker.
- Produce a detailed text on a wide range of subjects.
The C Proficient user contains C1 and C2.
C1 | Advanced
- Understand a wide range of longer and more demanding texts or conversations.
- Express ideas without too much searching.
- Effectively use the language for social, academic, or professional situations.
- Create well-structured and detailed texts on complex topics.
C2 | Proficiency
- Understand almost everything read or heard with ease.
- Summarize information from a variety of sources into a coherent presentation.
- Express themselves using precise meaning in complex scenarios.
Instructions: The test has 50 questions, each one counts as one point. See how many correct answers you scored and check the conversion table below
|0 – 15||Beginner|
|16 – 24||Elementary|
|25 – 32||Pre-intermediate|
|33 – 39||Intermediate|
|40 – 45||Upper-Intermediate|
|46 – 50||Advanced|
Click on the right answer for each sentence.